When spring rolls around, I can’t wait to update my beauty drawer with a few pick-me-ups to compliment the blooming flowers outside. From pretty pink lipsticks to blush, I’ve rounded up my top 5 beauty picks for spring 2014.
5. NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil #609 French Fries. I love that this eyeshadow stick is ultra-blendable and is true to colour. It’s inexpensive and I’m just waiting for Rexall to have another sale soon so I can pick up a few more in neutral and bright metallic shades.
4. Neutrogena Skin Clearing Mineral Powder in #10 Ivory. I love mineral powder, but was getting a bit annoyed when I noticed I was getting more and more black heads. I swapped out my old mineral make up for this one, which contains 0.5 per cent salicylic acid, and I’ve noticed a huge difference. I use a kabuki brush to swipe it on, and I find I only need to touch up once or twice a day. It also comes with a mirror and dual foam applicator, so you can keep one in your purse.
3. Arbonne It’s a Long Story Mascara. I was sent this product to review, and have been using it for almost a month. It smells heavenly and I love the straight brush applicator. It never clumps my lashes and they are extremely long and defined.
2. MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Blush in #330. I was also sent this cream blush to review, and I love how blendable it is. I usually skip blush and opt for bronzer, but this rose shade is very flattering and gives my pale winter skin a flush of colour. You can put it on with a brush, but I like using my fingers to blend it in. You can use one swipe for a subtle hint of colour, or layer it up for a stronger look.
1. My favourite beauty product for spring are NYX Matte Lipsticks. I went a little crazy when Rexall had a buy one get one 50 per cent off sale, and picked up these lipsticks in an array of pretty pink shades. Shocking Pink, #02 is a bright fuschia that is a perfect dupe for MAC Candy Yum Yum, but less harsh. Tea Rose, #11 is a pretty wintry rose that works well for a wide range of skin tones. It’s a great night lipstick if you are weary of darker shades. My favourite though is Angel, #13, which is a perfect pink coral shade. It reminds me of a Chanel lipstick, and is the perfect finishing touch to a look. Sometimes I just put on mascara and this lipstick and I look fresh and pulled together. I find the matte lipstick goes on easily and lasts fairly long for the low ($8.99 or about $6.99 on sale) price tag, compared to a $17 MAC or $40 Chanel lipstick. My only complaint is that I wish it had a subtle scent when you wear it on your lips.
Check out my video below for a live review, and to see the products in action to create my beauty look!
Shop the Post: