This summer, one of the most coveted pair of shoes didn’t cost over $500. It didn’t have a red sole, or designer label either. Zara’s asymmetric court shoe only $99 in Canada, (it’s a joke that they’re “on sale”) sold out around the world thanks to their massive popularity amongst top fashion bloggers like Andy Torres.
I was lucky enough to snag a pair for myself, and I was in love from the very first time I put them on my feet.
The asymmetrical design reveals parts of the foot, creating sexy lines and visual interest. Today I learned that Zara’s design was inspired by Stella McCartney’s Morgana Pointed Slingbacks.
Even though both shoes are currently unavailable, you can still have your very own pair of asymmetrical pumps, thanks to A Matter Of Style’s Blog.
The steps are easy:
- buy a pair of suedette pointy shoes (this material will be easier to cut)
- look at the pictures of zara shoes and with a chalk draw the new asymmetric profile on the shoes
- with scissors cut the profile (manicure scissors will be fine,they’re small and accurate)
- go over the shoes with a brush to erase chalk tracings
- shoes are made of several layers;if these layers open up at the side glue them together again with vynilic glue (A Matter of Style)
I might have to do this cus I’m dying for a pair!!