I’m so excited March is finally here, and while the negative double digit temperatures and wind chills are still here, I’m dreaming of tulips and springtime. Over the years, I’ve amassed a collection of trench coats, and they are my favourite piece to wear all season long. Our summers in Canada are notoriously short and chilly, so a good trench can work for you for half the year. I’ve always dreamed of owning a classic beige gabardine trench, but this season, pinks, prints and drapey options have caught my eye. Check out my list of the best trench coats for spring 2015. All the trench coats are hyperlinked in the picture so you can click directly and discover the coat you love!
1. Burberry Prorsum’s printed trench is a stunning statement piece. This is definitely an aspirational item on this list, but I can expect to see fast fashion interpretations of the art print trench this season.
2. This giraffe print Michael Kors coat is so unique. It would look great in spring with leather boots, or in the summer over a white dress and a straw handbag.
3. For spring, it’s all about the drapey, unstructured trench. The Gideon Trench from Club Monaco is right on the mark.
4. The ASOS Classic Mac coat is a gorgeous deep camel trench coat with beautiful styling. This one is at the top of my wish list!
5. This cheapie Joe Fresh trench coat is the perfect everyday coat. I wish the arms and shoulders were more fitted, but the classic beige colour will go with everything, and you don’t have to worry if you lose it at coat check!
6. This RED Valentino polka dot trench coat is so feminine and adorable. I love the whimsical print and flared silhouette that highlights an hourglass silhouette.
7. This Missguided pink trench is definitely the biggest bang for your buck. The rosy pink colour is right on trend for spring, while the retro 1970s styling is super chic.
8. This Michael Kors pleated trenchcoat is a perfect twist on a classic. I’m obsessed with the girly pleats!
9. This pink Burberry trench is a pretty pastel twist on a classic. I love the 3/4 length and classic silhouette.
I can’t wait to ditch my winter parka and slip on one of these gorgeous trenches over a t-shirt and skinny jeans! I hope you enjoyed my roundup of the best trench coats of spring 2015! Which one is your favourite?