Are you in a wardrobe rut? As fall comes to a rapid close (the snow today was a clear sign), sometimes it’s a good idea to realign your style. Here are 5 classic pieces for fall that can be mixed and matched for maximum wardrobe impact.
I’m wearing a trench coat from Banana Republic, blouse from Primark (also seen here), sunglasses c/o Polette, jeans c/o Fidelity Denim, a Prada Double zip tote, and riding boots by Vince Camuto c/o DSW Canada.
5 Classic pieces for fall
1. A classic trench coat. This is a hallmark piece that never goes out of style. I’ve dreamed of investing in a Burberry trench for years, but found the perfect compromise in this Banana Republic trench. Made of water-resistant fabric, the coat has a classic double-breasted design. I love how the belt can be tied up in a bow in the front. I also like wearing the belt tied in the back for a more tailored, sleek silhouette. Look for a trench coat in classic beige, it goes with everything! I also suggest to go a size up, so that you can layer sweaters and blazers underneath when the weather gets chilly.
2. A pair of riding boots. My Vince Camuto riding boots from DSW Canada are STUNNING. I love the gold nail details and zippers on the backs. It’s a fun detail that you don’t notice at first glance. The lamb leather of this pair is also buttery soft. There was no breaking in time! I’m a huge Vince Camuto fan, especially their high heels and sandals, so I’m happy I’ve added a pair of boots to my collection.
3. A button-up blouse. A classic white blouse will take you from day to night. It looks chic with a pair of jeans like I’ve worn here, or with a cute mini skirt for a holiday party or a night out. I like buying inexpensive chiffon ones because a) no need to pay for dry-cleaning and b) I don’t have to worry about spilling food all over myself.
4. A chic tote. My Prada tote is another convertible piece. I love that it can be worn cross-body with the long strap for a casual look, or as a ladylike bag on the crook of my arm. The beige-pink colour of this iteration also works for all seasons! If you’re looking to invest, I would definitely recommend a pinky-beige, because it’s a little bit less basic than neutral beige, and more exciting than black! Grey is also a good option, but a little harder to wear in the summer. I love that I can store away my DSLR, sunglasses, scarf and massive wallet in this bag. I look forward to doing a YouTube review of this purse soon!
5. A great pair of jeans. I’m a huge denim fan, so I’m always excited to break out a new pair when the weather gets cooler. This grey pair from Fidelity Denim is so versatile. The material of these jeans is so velvety soft and comfortable, and also gives off a more formal vibe. I’ve worn these jeans with a casual cable-knit sweater, but I think they would be a great pair for casual Fridays at an office too. For fall, I would suggest looking for a pair of grey or black skinnies to throw into the mix. While I love the shredded denim trend, as the weather gets colder, I like how this style is more like a warm legging.
I hope these 5 classic pieces for fall help you get inspired! I’m still trying to get more mileage out of my new trench before I move into my parka full-time!