You’ve seen them all over TikTok and Instagram, the infamous Stanley Mug is the “must-have” item for students, soccer moms and office girlies alike. But where to buy Stanley Tumblers in Canada? Amazon resellers are jacking up prices to $90-150 or more… which is a tough pill to swallow when they are only $40 ish on the US Stanley site or at Target. Luckily for us Canadians, I’m excited to share that there is a Canadian Stanley Mugs website that offers 2-day shipping! And if you’re wondering, there are no duties, just regular sales tax. I got my order of a Stanley Quencher H2.0 FlowState 40 ounce Tumbler in less than a few days.
If you’re looking for Target-exclusive Stanley Mugs, I urge you to not buy them upmarked on Amazon or Facebook Marketplace. Instead, use a cross-border service like Shippsy to make a Target purchase and have it shipped to a pickup location or right to your door. I explained how to order online from Target to Canada in this blog post.
Why are Stanley Mugs so popular? An honest Stanley Quencher H2.0 FlowState Tumbler Review
Stanley mugs are all the rage for several reasons.
- Stanley Tumblers have a tapered base that fit into most car cupholders. This makes it the perfect companion for commuting and road trips, since it won’t tip over.
- Stanley Quencher Tumblers come with a FlowState™ lid that offers three different positions, with a comfortable straw that doesn’t move and resists spills , a drink opening and a fully covered top. There are lots of options. Personally, I love using a straw cup while I run on the treadmill, and it also encourages me to drink more water throughout the day.
- Stanley cups are made out of recycled stainless steel, with vacuum insulation so your drinks stay cold or hot. I often return to my office after a whole weekend only to find that my Stanley Tumbler is still reasonably cool! I find this amazing, considering it has a straw. The Stanley website notes that their Quencher H2.0 will stay hot for 7 hours (most competitors only stay hot for 4), 11 hours cold (I would push this longer!) and 2 days iced!
- Stanley offers a guarantee on their products, and if they fail, they replace. Like Lululemon and Patagonia, this type of customer service is an anomaly, and I love it when a brand stands behind their products!
- Stanley tumblers come in so many cute colours! I chose the Eucalyptus since seafoam is my favourite colour, but I also love the more neutral Cream and Rose Quartz shades.
- Stanley tumblers also come in a variety of sizes. They also come in a whopping 40 ounce size, which my partner lovingly calls my “clown cup” since it’s so big! The Quencher H2.0 Flowstate Tumbler comes in 40 Oz, a practical and less heavy 30 ounce size tumbler, a cute 20 ounce tumbler without a handle and a child-friendly 14 ounce size too. There are lots of options to suit many needs and occasions.
- The construction of the Stanley Quencher H2.0 Flowstate Tumbler is completely BPA-free, despite having a comfortable plastic straw and lid. While i also love my Swell bottles, I find the metallic taste of the lip to be offputting at times, so I’ve enjoyed this upgrade!
- Stanley Tumblers are DISHWASHER SAFE. Yes, you heard that right. You can completely sanitize a Stanley Quencher Tumbler in your dishwasher. This makes it easy to use it for things other than water including iced coffee, flavoured water, hot tea or even cocktails to go… Seriously using an insulated mug for cocktails by the pool is a game changer!
Overall, I don’t think the Stanley Mug will change your life. It’s a great way to stay hydrated and keep your drinks cool. I like the padded gel grip on the handle, and the cute colour selection. The cold retention is top notch even with a straw, so my Stanley Tumbler has replaced my old Starbucks Cold Cup on my desk. I would love to take a Stanley Tumbler on a road trip this summer, because it fits in my cupholder! But, is it worth $60? I think so. The lifetime guarantee is a seal of approval for me, and I hope to have this mug for at least a decade. I like investing in high quality items I use on a daily basis, and Stanley fits in with that. I will still use my Swell bottles since they can be tossed into my purse and don’t leak though.
Where to buy Stanley Tumblers in Canada
Again, I will repeat myself, do NOT order a Stanley Tumbler from Amazon. If you’re looking where to buy Stanley Tumblers in Canada, order from the Stanley Canada website. Customer service and shipping was great, and you will be covered by their lifetime guarantee! The cost for the Stanley Tumbler in 30oz is under $60 Canadian including tax and shipping! And with no duties, you can’t go wrong.
As an FYI I have also seen versions of Stanley Mugs at Costco Canada (sadly, not the quencher style with the straw) in a two-pack. This is a great deal, but I personally haven’t tested them!
Do you have a Stanley Tumbler? Do you think Stanley mugs are worth it? Let me know in the comments below!