If you’re still looking for the perfect gift for mom, or life caught up with you this week, not to worry! here are some great mother’s day gift ideas that won’t break the bank either (even though you totally should, she is your mom after all…)
1. The Bubble Teapot ($19.50) & David’s Tea’s Summer Collection ($25.50). This gift is great for mom or grandma, who doesn’t enjoy a nice cuppa tea? I love the gentle mint colour of this teapot, and the infuser inside is fine and doesn’t let leaves through. The summer collection from David’s Tea features a medley of five fruity teas that would be perfect iced, but still delicious hot.
2. L’Occitane Delightful Hands Collection ($32.50). This trio of hand cream is a practical gift, but will give your mom a little taste of the French countryside. I love tossing one of these tubes into my purse, or near my bedside to keep my hands soft and smelling like a garden. The Rose Aurore is one of my favourite scents from L’Occitane too!
3. Voluspa Two-Wick Metallo Tin Candle ($18). If you’re buying mom a book for mother’s day, why not stop by Indigo’s gift section and pick up a luxurious Voluspa candle? All of their scents are delicate and complex, and the printed tin is a lot more chic than your typical Glade variety. It might seem like a lame gift, but trust me, once you use luxury candles, you can’t go back to IKEA.
4. Namaste Yoga Tote III ($48). If your mom loves yoga (or dreams about starting to…) a cute yoga tote is essential for storing her mat, and looking cute on her way to class. I love the graphic chevron print and how practical this bag is. The bag is water resistant (great for rainy days), and has grommets to let your gear breathe post hot yoga class. There’s even a little compartment for stashing sweaty clothes or towels! This bag has received five star ratings, for its smart and simple design.
5. Teardrop Hanging Terrarium ($27.65) & Tiny World Terrariums ($16.68) . For the gardening enthusiast, bring the outdoors in with a whimsical terrarium. Get her started on her own with this stunning teardrop glass vessel, where she can plant a mini rainforest, dessert or lush garden. Once you set one up, they require minimal maintenance. Follow the instructions in the book and you can even make it a mother’s day activity out of it!