One of the cutest trends to emerge this summer are crochet dresses! I’m sharing how to wear a crochet dress as well as some great crochet pieces from Revolve that will take you from the beach to date night with ease.
Crochet is a great fabric to wear in summertime, it’s breezy, easy to care for and can be thrown on over a swimsuit or layered under warmer pieces for a multitude of looks. If you’re thinking how to wear a crochet dress – don’t fret. You can’t go wrong with pairing a crochet dress with simple gold and pearl jewelry, flat sandals and a crossbody or straw bag. Throw on a pair of bold sunnies and you’re good to go!
I wore this LPA Crochet Annalise dress gifted from Revolve with a pair of Steve Madden leather sandals, a pearl initial necklace, and a Louis Vuitton vanity case bag. I love how the black handbag and sunglasses add some contrast to the bohemian, easygoing vibe of the crochet dress. The LPA Annalise dress is so good, it is currently sold out. Keep an eye out here to see if it comes back in stock or to request a special order! I love how the skirt is full, the dress itself is heavier weight, and that you can wear this crochet dress with a strapless bra too!
How to wear a crochet dress: where to wear it
Now that we’re in the middle of a heatwave, wearing a crochet dress to the beach is a wonderful idea! Of course, this LPA crochet dress can easily be worn to brunch or a patio dinner date too.
Crochet dresses are also great for travel because they don’t wrinkle easily and you don’t need to iron them! I can totally see wearing this crochet dress on a getaway to the Mediterranean or Caribbean to keep cool on long summer days.
You can also look into some of the separates I’ve linked below that are perfect to wear with denim, or thrown on top of a bikini for a carefree summer vibe.
12 Crochet Outfit Ideas
REVOLVE has some of the most gorgeous crochet outfits on the web. I loved shopping on their site, and appreciate that duties and taxes are already built-in for Canadians! I’ve rounded up some of my favourite crochet outfits, including the best crochet dresses, crochet cover-ups and crochet separates to incorporate into your wardrobe.
- The orange crochet dress is from Alexis and features the cutest bishop sleeves.
- The Khloe yellow crochet dress is under $100 from Superdown on Revolve.
- The Chantal Knit Dress from Ronny Kobo features a classic zig-zag crochet pattern in an irresistible colour combo and halter neckline.
- The white Mesh knit dress from See by Chloe is elegant and appropriate enough to wear to work.
- This pastel striped crochet set from Lovers + Friends is summer in an outfit!
- This mauve Alexi sweater by Marjorelle is super sweet and looks great with white denim.
- The beige House of Harlow set is bringing major vintage vibes. I love that the pieces together feel loungey, but can be mixed and matched with other separates for infinite looks.
- This Lizzy Stripe Crochet Tank and Shorts from For Love & Lemons is the definition of loungewear chic.
- A hot pink Sharon Mini Dress from Lovers + Friends is the perfect punch of colour.
- The striped Oriana Midi Dress from Lovers + Friends is so chic, and made to command attention at any pool party.
- The Tulum Mini Dress by Tularosa is absolutely adorable, yet sexy at the same time. I’m a bit obsessed with its sixties vibe and openwork crochet details.
- The Athena Crochet Dress from Camila Coelho is worthy of its goddess name. Throw this over a neutral or matching red bikini and you will feel like a Greek Goddess!
Revolve has a whole host of beautiful crochet outfits, and I love how they style their models with pieces from their website, including jewelry, bags and shoes. It definitely can serve as a guide if you’re looking for ways on how to wear a crochet dress!
Thank you to REVOLVE for partnering with me on this post.