It’s amazing how we went from everyone looking chic in black at the Golden Globes to the crazy fashions on the red carpet at the 2018 SAG Awards. I’ve rounded up my best and worst dressed looks from the 2018 SAG Awards.
7. Danielle Brooks looked dynamite in this Marc Bouwer sequin gown. I love the way it hugs her body and the ombre pattern.
6. This might be an unconventional pick, but I adore Greta Gerwig’s Bottega Venetta dress. The shape is really cool, and I love the jewelled details and her chic short haircut.
5. Millie Bobby Brown looked age-appropriate and fresh in this pink Calvin Klein and Converse combo. (Stealing this outfit idea!)
4. Will Meghan Markle wear Ralph & Russo to the spring wedding? I think this white gown on Tracee Ellis Ross was a great audition! I loved this cape gown and her deep red accessories.
3. I’m green with envy for Reese Witherspoon’s emerald Zac Posen gown. I love the matte and shiny satin panels and the off-shoulder neckline.
2. Margot Robbie killed it in this Miu Miu embellished gown. The feathers are really fun and I love her chic, undone bob.
1. Halle Berry looked AMAZING in this sheer Pamela Rolland gown. I loved the high ponytail and the drama of this dress.
And for the worst dressed at the 2018 SAG Awards:
9. Kate Nash leads the pack in this awful lace get up. I can’t find the designer credit, so I will spare them.
8. Molly Sims wore a Canadian designer, Greta Constantine, to the 2018 SAG Awards, however, I’m not loving it. The ruffles, plunging neckline, and asymmetrical bottom have too much going on. The purple sandals, turquoise clutch and updo really killed the look for me too.
7. This is an example of an okay dress gone bad. Yvonne Strahoski wore this lace Ester Abner gown which was too short in the arms and too tight at the waist. The runway version had a cool belt that might have saved this disaster.
6. Samara Weaving also wore Miu Miu, and unlike Margot, she did not get a pick of the best. This Barbie-pink dress is way too shiny and her styling looks too severe and robotic.
5. Saoirse Ronan completely missed the mark for me in this Louis Vuitton gown. The colour, tiny belt and weird sequin band look very off-putting. While I love her beauty look and her accessories, the colour and cut of this gown are completely wrong. Maybe it’s time for millenial pink to go away?
4. Laura Linney is more proof that pink has had its moment. This J. Mendel gown is so. bad. It is a tad too long, puckers around her waist, and the cape is way too costumey. I loved Tracee’s version (see above), but this seems too old-fashioned.
3. If you’re going to wear a suit on the red carpet, make sure it fits! Clea DuVall needs to heed my advice. And those shoes are more office than red carpet appropriate!
2. Abbie Cornish wore this awful lace dress. Again, can’t find a designer credit, so I’ll spare them.
1. Little Bo’ Peep must have lost her dress because Kate Hudson found it. Pink, ruffles, heart print, lace yoke, long sleeves, pixie cut. Yep. this look is a little much. I think it was a unanimous worst-dressed pick amongst so many other worthy contenders tonight. Can’t wait until the Grammy’s!