The 2018 Grammys was a bit of a bore for me, save for Kesha’s powerful performance. The red carpet was full of whimsy with many awesome looks. I’ve rounded up my top 6 best and worst dressed looks from the 2018 Grammys.
6. Chrissy Teigen showed off her bump (and revealed she’s having a baby boy) in this elegant silver gown from Yanina Couture.
5. Lady Gaga killed it in this elegant, gothic Armani lace gown.
4. SZA stunned in this ethereal Versace Atelier gown. I also adore her gorgeous long locks!
3. Beyonce goes without saying. This all black look brought major drama to the awards show in a way that only Beyonce can.
2. Camilla Cabello looked DYNAMITE in this red Vivienne Westwood gown. I love how she knocked it out of the park for her first big awards show.
1. Lana Del Rey was my absolute favourite in Gucci. From the rope necklace to the star headpiece, this look is so gorgeous and ethereal. It’s my favourite red carpet look from awards season so far!
Worst Dressed 2018 Grammys
6. Kelly Clarkson wore this lace Christian Siriano gown, though I’m not loving the overdone lace, fringe and high neckline. The look feels dated and a bit matronly.
5. Cyndi Lauper wore a whimsical cherub-printed suit from Moschino. She dyed her hair to match, which for me was a faux pas. The look is blah and more suited for a daytime talkshow appearance instead of an awards show.
4. Kimberley Schlapman wore this hideous Raisa & Vanessa gown that looks like three dresses from the prom section of a department store, with a Valentine’s Day bustier thrown into the mix.
3. P!NK brought along her daughter as her date and dressed like a character from Sesame Street. Okay, the gown is Armani Prive but I’m not a fan at all.
2. What. the. hell. is. this. woman. wearing. This outfit reminds me of the episode of the Simpsons where Marge finds a Chanel suit, except this Victoria Hayes collection is uglier. The matching purple eyeshadow and crimson lip are garish, and the entire look is out of a 1980s nightmare.
1. When all the stars were wearing white roses in support of the Time’s Up movement, this person decided to wear both an alienating and fugly outfit. Last year, her dress said “Make America Great Again” and in 2018, she went even further by wearing a pro-life dress featuring a finger painted fetus on the red carpet. Views aside, the Grammy red carpet is not a place to wear pro-life propaganda and vocally support America’s leader. To make things weirder, she’s wearing a tiara that looks like it was stolen from Honey Boo Boo or a pint-sized beauty queen. The night was about celebrating music and the industry coming together to move towards equality and accountability. For this vulgar dress and display, she lands a spot as my worst-dressed.