The Grammys are one of the most exciting awards shows, mainly because of the musical personalities and dramatic performances. The red carpet did not disappoint either. Here are my picks for Best & Worst Dressed: 2015 Grammys.
6. Lady Gaga in Brandon Maxwell. Gurl was working it in this silver dress. I adore the long silver hair and that emerald necklace is just divine. I’m biased as a Little Monster, but she looked so gorgeous and elegant.
5. Jessie J killed it in this black Ralph and Russo gown. It is so Old Hollywood, and goes perfectly with her fair skin and vintage beauty look. Her eyebrows scream Marlene Dietrich and I’m loving her makeup combined with the futuristic hairdo. Also, what is that lipstick colour? I need.
4. Taylor Swift looked tasty in teal Elie Saab, but she lost the top spot thanks to those clunky fuchsia shoes!
3. Gwen Stefani was perfection in Atelier Versace. I love the pants on the red carpet trend, and the sculptural detail of the top is so chic.
2. Katy Perry in Zuhair Murad. I absolutely adored this short look on her, especially with the awesome pastel mermaid bob.
1. Miley Cyrus dared to bare almost all in this dangerous cutout gown by Alexandre Vauthier. This dress is so perfect on her. It’s edgy but paired back in the elegant black silhouette. I also love the slicked back hair and on-trend earrings by Lorraine Schwartz.
6. Iggy Azalea in Armani Prive. The dress is cool, but the styling is atrocious. That weird braided Heidi updo combined with this modern dress is too much of a clash, and I can’t stand her constant light pink lip. Her skin also lacks contouring or dimension and she looks completely washed out. I’m also not a fan of the sheer panel near the hem of the dress, and I would have preferred to see either some leg or a great clutch or jewelry for accessories.
5. Rita Ora in Prada. I love Rita Ora (umm hello, this dress from a couple months ago), but this one missed the mark for me, especially with the flat piecey blonde hairdo.
4. Meghan Trainor in this lace look you’d see on a sexy mother of the bride.
3. Kim Kardashian West in Jean Paul Gaultier. While I’m loving the edgier shorter ‘do, I’m not loving this bejewelled bathrobe. The sleeves are way too long on her, and the hem is dragging on the floor …I guess she bought it off the rack, since only Givenchy’s Riccardo Tisci kisses Kim’s million dollar ass!
2. Charli XCX showed up to the Grammys looking like a Cotton Candy salesman in a pink suit and fur by Jeremy Scott for Moschino.
1. Rihanna in Giambattista Valli Haute Couture. Oh Rihanna, we’ve missed you at the Grammys, and you came back from your hiatus with this? I’m beginning to hate Giambattista Valli… this loofah dress makes me want to take a bath. I would have actually preferred it if she went all Gaga and wore a rubber ducky on her head as a fascinator.