The Golden Globes is the official kick off to awards season, and kicks off all the red carpet fashion excitement. As far as trends go, many ladies chose to wear white, yellow and red. Though I’m not sure if Amal Clooney’s white gloves will catch on…
Here are my best & worst dressed 2015 Golden Globes picks.
10. Diane Kruger shone in this Emilia Wickstead gown. I love the elegant hairstyle and the high neckline of this dress.
9. Best actress nominee, Felicity Jones looks stunning in this teal Dior gown. Her minimal accessories and pulled back hair let the colour and creative construction take centre stage.
8. Sienna Miller wore this plunging, bedazzled Miu Miu gown. This is plunge done right (take note, JLo) and I love the details on this gown.
7. Julianne Moore wore this iridescent, ombre sequin and feather confection by Givenchy. This gown is very unique and I love that she took a risk with this.
6. Reese Witherspoon more a sparkly Calvin Klein frock to the Golden Globes. She looks so polished and perfect!
5. Emma Stone wore Lanvin silk pants and a sparkly bustier on the red carpet and looked perfect. She is always my favourite on the red carpet and I NEED her lipstick colour.
4. Lorde also wore pants on the red carpet and looked very chic and fashion forward.
3. Helen Mirren wore a gorgeous red dress on the red carpet
And now for the worst dressed…
10. Salma Hayek looked like she was attending her own prom or quinceaneara in a ballgown and flower in her hair. The clunky jewelry and Alexander McQueen knuckle clutch are just too much.
9. Laura Prepon underwhelmed in this black frilly gown.
8. Jennifer Aniston looked very blah blah boring in a safe black Saint Laurent halter neck gown. I know that a black halter is one of her signatures, but this nomination is a huge step up for the rom com star, and she should have stepped up her fashion game. I also HATE the hair.
6. Keira Knightley showed off her bump in this fluttery Chanel frock. It reminds me a little of something you’d see a butter maid wearing at a pioneer village, without the butterfly corsage of course.
5. Lana Del Rey wore this pleated teal number that was all wrong.
4. Jemima Kirke from Girls wore this.
3. Rosamund Kirke showed up in Vera Wang and droopy cleavage. Love her hair and makeup though.
2. I’m sick of everyone kissing the ground JLo walks on. This Zuhair Murad dress is ridiculous. I don’t know what she’s trying to prove, consistently wearing these skin tight, plunging, leg slit, sparkly dresses. I would love to see her in colour or something a bit more… minimalist? She’s worn this look one too many times and I won’t be a sheep.
1. Poor poor Melissa McCarthy. She looks like Colonel Saunders with that black bow blouse. Or a house maid. Or a waiter at an Italian chain restaurant. I also see a pop of red burgundy sandals. McCarthy has been getting healthier, and I was hoping she would have showed off her new physique in a bad ass, tailored slinky gown, but instead is drowned in ruffles.
Honorable mention to Conchita Wurst, who wore this beautiful emerald velvet gown. Work it!