Last night, actors, musicians and reality stars nobodies attended the red carpet for the 2014 MTV Movie Awards. I didn’t get a chance to watch it (what with Revenge and Cosmos on) but I caught up on all the red carpet action this morning. Here are my picks for the best and worst dressed at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards.
5. Zendaya looked lovely in this lemon and black floral printed dress by Emanuel Ungaro. I love the sexy leg slit when combined with a high neck and long sleeves. Her hair is tousled and perfect, and the Christian Louboutin spiked heels with dainty ankle straps are perfect.
3. Jessica Alba stunned in this itty bitty white croptop and neoprene yellow midi skirt by Kenzo. While this look doesn’t scream red carpet, I love the style and look forward to wearing a similar look inspired by the star soon!
And now for the worst dressed… there were too many to count!
5. Holland Roden wore this pleated leather Ferragamo disaster with garish hot pink shoes by Brian Atwood. I don’t know in what world beige pleated leather and pink satin go together… maybe Commander Barbie?
4. Rita Ora in Barbara Casasola: when bad cleavage happens to a good dress. This had the potential to be a best dressed pick, but the plunging neckline is too low and round. A deep V would have worked, but I see too much of her knockers to knock this look off my best dressed list.
3. Pia Mia wore an outfit someone might wear to a block party in Queens. From head to toe it’s a mess. Let’s start with the purple bandana, that reminds me of the nineties or a kitschy pillowcase. Next, she chose to wear hoop earrings that again, are dated and tacky. Then the dress, in all its too-tight wrinkled glory ends in a horrible gathered hem with a teeny tiny flounce that looked like I sewed it when I was 12. The cork platforms are cute for the beach, but for the red carpet? No. Kanye might think you’re the next Rihanna but your style game is not up to snuff…
2. Iggy Azalea looked like a cross between a bridesmaid mixed in with some of Elsa’s snow queen magic! I guess this is what John Galliano is doing now, dressing wannabe rap stars. I don’t care what you think, I think she sucks, except for that Clueless remake video. Besides her dumb expression and collagen-nude lips, the crimped hair is also a beauty disaster. The shoes, also by John Galliano, completely puzzle me. I hate them almost more than her ugly dress and crimped hair.
1. It pains me to put Rihanna as my worst dressed pick, but for someone of her stature, I think this look needs to be put to bed – where it belongs. The star showed up in this diaphanous Ulyana Sergeenko lingerie corset and robe. I like the skinny strap heels and her half done hair, but I can’t get behind wearing a nightgown on a red carpet. It’s not edgy, it’s just lazy.