The biggest night in music brought out all the hottest stars… the fashion? Another story. The Grammy red carpet is always a mixed bag, with daring looks and out-of-the-box frocks. Here are my picks for the Best and Worst Dressed 2017 Grammys red carpet!
7. Laverne Cox looked so beautiful in this leather dress. Apparently Cox forgot the name of the designer, and I am trying to identify it. Regardless, the look is so effortless.
6. Jennifer Lopez wore this pale lavender pink Ralph & Russo gown. I didn’t love this look immediately, but it looked great on the Grammy stage, and highlights her amazing body and glowing skin.
5. Bella Harris wore this sultry black embroidered robe by Mario Dice. The look is on-trend and very luxurious. I love that she dialed back her hair and beauty look to let the dress stand out.
4. Solange Knowles killed it in this gold Gucci number. It’s so dramatic, feminine and complimented her sister’s performance so well!
3. Chrissy Teigen looked like a bombshell in this black Roberto Cavalli gown. I love the wet hair look and the sexy cutouts and textured details.
2. Carrie Underwood killed it in this Elie Madi gown. Perfect for Valentine’s Day, it’s a more daring, sexy look for the country starlet. The bell sleeves are right on trend too!
1. My best-dressed this year was Kat Graham in Jean Paul Gaultier. I just adore this sequin gown on her. It’s so simple, sexy and classic Gaultier.
Worst Dressed 2017 Grammys
8. Rihanna confused everyone in this crop top and Armani Prive skirt. The look is too heavy and unbalanced on her frame, and I’m not loving the big hair… everything is just too big.
7. Elle King wore an entire rose garden on her body. I like the skirt if there was less of the flower details, and a different bodice. I think the shape of the dress works for her, but the flowers are overpowering, especially paired with a flower crown. I guess she didn’t get tickets to see Beyonce at Coachella, so she wore her flower crown a few months earlier!
6. Elvana Gjata took the minimalist sweater trend a step TOO far with this crazy shoulder pad, turtleneck, ribbed sweater dress that barely covers her bits.
5. Andra Day looked other-worldly in this peach get up. I don’t understand the blue ballerina shoes and flowers in her hair. She looks like a flower girl.
4. Katy Perry wore this awful Tom Ford gown that features a turtleneck, sequins and ombre feathers. I think lately, Tom Ford’s red carpet selections have completely missed the mark. Katy’s hair (wig!) also needs some deep conditioning stat!
3. Halsey wore this abomination of menswear. I just realized the pants have cargo pockets, there’s nothing saving this look.
2. Jacqueline Van Bierk must be invited to the Grammys just to wear crazy outfits. This looks like she repurposed a wedding gown for a fun DIY project. Did anyone tell her that the Grammys is not a costume party?
1. Girl Power took the DIYs one step further with this gumball gown. Great halloween costume idea, but not for music’s biggest night. You can even see bald spots where the balloons died. I think the last two ladies on this list need to lay off YouTube costume DIYs and hire a stylist or just visit a Nordstrom’s.
Cee Lo Green or Gnarly Davidson was my night’s paradox. Best or worst dressed? Love that he’s trolling all of us, and looks exactly like my newest highlighter.